Rainbow Beach, Rainbeach, we love your money, but not you!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
February 27th 2013
Published: February 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Rainbow Beach from Tin Can Bay, quaint little town, but right on the backpackers trail. The townies don't seem to like these "your not from around here, are you, types" infiltrating their little patch of tucked away paradise. We tried to do a spot of free camping by the ocean side park, but it looks like "Ranger Phil", is on the beat, and has harassed several van packers. Accordingly Gestapo Phil has slapped them with a goldcoast type fine for breaking hick town bylaws. These antisocial laws were probably passed in an out of session midnight council meeting, when topped up with the sauce council passed these draconian bylaws. The law states, you are not allowed to sleep in your car, any where in town, unless it is in backpacker alley. You guessed it folks, backpacker street is full of hostile hostels, where all the young dudes party like there is no tomorrow and for some of them, by the way they party, there probably won't be. Sooooo let me set the scene, Bilbo and Basho did the right thing and parked our freedom machine in "Backpacker street", with all the other ten thousand party vans, all knockin and a rockin, till sunrise, aghhhh!!!, did not sleep a wink, with all these party types yahooing, yaheeing, all night long, some of them did a lionel ritchie, and were probably dancing on the ceiling, you get the feeling, that we were reeling.

Meanwhile back in the town that is reminiscent of a 60's style Byron Bay where every shop sells surf boards or surfwear, or alcohol or sometimes all of these at the same time. They don't mind packing the back packing dollars, just don't want them freeloading in suburbia. Like check out the only laundromat, oh yeah, its owned by the fish and chip shop next door, that will also sell you a shower for five dolleros. So clean your clothes, clean yourself, before you bring your stinky arse into my shop of greasy stuff that's probably been festering all day. O.k to be fair, we havn't slept a wink, we probably stink and its raining, maybe the towns not that bad, did I mention its raining.

But cheer up, grumpy bum, lets check out the beach of rainbows. Forget all that stuff about the town, its raining, but the beach is a spekky, with rainbow cliffs of coloured sand, right up to Double Island Point. Fraser Island type coffee rocks, little alcoves of waterfalls from the cliffs onto the beach, check the photos, they probably tell it better than I could.

great beach, till next blog, keep smiling, the rain will stop, and the sun will shine. love to all B & B


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb