Day 53


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We assembled early in the morning to watch a thrilling DVD about driving in sand (Fraser Island is made entirely out of sand!) and met our guide Peter who then introduced us to our cars! The 4wd was loaded and we set off to the ferry where after some hairy reversing we caught the boat to Fraser! After an hour off-road drive through Jurassic Park like scenery we stopped at a rainforest which we walked through before heading on to Lake Wabby. The journey was once again bumpy and the car was almost horizontal at several points but we all made it and arrived at the start of a 40min hike to the top of the most amazing sand dunes which led down to Lake Wabby. The views were spectacular and after a refreshing dip in the tea-tree oil lake we walked back up the dunes and returned to the car where we strapped up again for a less bumpy drive across the beach to camp! Our 8-man tent was suprisingly spacious and so we unpacked and cooked a BBQ before beginning some epic drinking games that ensured we slept very well and less scared of the roaming dingos!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 17; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.7kb