Fraser Island-Day 2/3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 9th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 2~Got up at 8 and had some breaky on the balcony-was really nice as the sun was just coming out and the view out to the beach made it look beautiful.
Drove up the beach and then in land where we stopped and looked at a few different trees. Then we did a short rainforest walk.
Had lunch at the picnic area by Lake Birrabean then spent the afternoon on the beach there which was complete paradise-white sand, crystal clear lakes (with no scary creatures in it) and the sun was out in full!
Had great fun playing waterpol and then rounders on the beach! In the evening it was back to camp for some spag bol and abit more wine!!

Day 3~Got up after a slightly better night sleep, (apart from waking up thinking i'd been bitten by a spider) Sean as always slept like a baby!

We drove up 60km up 75mile beach to Indian Head, was called Indian Head because when Captain Cook first sighted the Island he saw aboriginals around a fire at the top of the cliff..at this time all aboriginals were known as Indians which is where its name comes from!
We then drove back down the beach stopping at the sand pinnicles which have 73 shades of sand in them!
After that we carried on down to the Meheno Shipwreck-this was a ship that was being sold to chinese for scrap metal, while they were towing it, it hit rough seas and came away from the towing device, and instead of letting it sink they beached it.
Then we went down to Eli Creek for the last top of the trip...here you could start at the top and let the currents take you to the bottom..good fun! (90 millions of freshwater flow down there to the sea each day).

Once back at Noosa Backpackers, we dropped of four bags and what seemed like half the islands sand and walked to Woolworths with Mel & Andy (woolworths over here is like a Tescos).
In the evening we all sat on our balcony and had a really nice chat and of course more vino! Andy left looking a little worse for wear which made a change as its usually Sean!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb