Fraser Island-Day 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 8th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 1~ Got up early (which is getting very hard) as we were being picked up at 8.30 for our Fraser Island tour! The bus was similiar to our Kakadu tour so we grabbed the back seats this time thinking we were clever as the last time the front ones got sooo hot...well turned out the back ones were the hottest as the air-con had broken-that'll teach us!
Got talking to a couple on the bus-Mel & Andy, they were from Essex and really nice!
Stopped at the service station on the way and Mark (the guide) took the van to get the air-con fixed as we were all giving him abit of grief about it...1 1/2 hrs later (thinking he'd forgotten about us) he returned, still with the broken van but he said we were gonna meet another group at Rainbow Beach and take their bus..yey!

Just chilled on rainbow beach for an hr or so, few people went swimming-a girl had been killed by a shark just a few weeks ago swimming to close to the shark nets...so they were'nt reassuring enough for me-funny that!
After finally swapping buses and grabbing abit of lunch we were on our way at last...took the short ferry over to Fraser Island and started to drive up the beach! First stop was Lake Wabbi, to get there we had to walk across sand dunes, which felt just like the dessert so it was a relief to get to the lake and jump in! The lake was beautiful and clear with massive catfish swimming around us!
In the eveening we had a small walk along the beach for sunset and spotted a few dingoes. Then back to camp for a bbq and some well deserved Vino!


Advertisement



12th April 2006

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOO
Hi! Just seen your blogs, very cool! Good hey? Have you seen ours? In Singapore now!! Great to see we got a mention! Keep in touch, Mel and Andy Where did you stay in Pulau Tioman?

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb