Fraser 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 18th 2006
Published: April 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Woke to a glorious morning on Fraser Island. Sun was shining and the hangover was mild. We packed up camp and headed to a campsite to clean all the dishes and for Tommy to have a shower!!!! shock horror!!! we took a light stroll to a large Sandblow...like a mini desert. Attempts at boardless sandboarding were made but it would have been much easier with something resembling a tea tray but as it was we just kind of jumped and hoped for the best. We headed then to Eli creek, which is a beautiful fresh water creek...cold and clear(drinkable by all accounts). Having splashed around there for a while we continued our jorney and made a stop for lunch. The road to Lake Garawongera was fun...the lake itself was a nice place for a dip...not as stunning as lake MacKenzie but still not without its charms! Sara drove back along what must be the worst road anywhere in the world....im talking 3 foot steps in the road caused by large tree roots but she handled it!

After all the excitement we made camp in One Tree Rocks, well attempted to, thew Ranger lady moved us on...aparently you have to book in advance! never mind we found space in a lovely little clearing at Wongi camp site. and watched the moon coming up on the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb