Back to the mainland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 29th 2006
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

The A TeamThe A TeamThe A Team

The glasses were free...
Our final morning was well adorned with hangovers, and nicknames had finally stuck. Most notable of these was the two German lads insistence on calling bill "Willy W@nker" and asking him "where is your chocolate factory???". As people tried to piece together the events of the night before we packed up, and prepared ourselves for the final day.

Vicky was first to drive along the flat easy beach, but still showed us how unstable 4x4s can be by apparantly aiming for the soft sand and turning in it while in the back our stomachs turned and our hands reached to cross ourselves. Like I said... I found God on this journey! After two dips into the deposit-killing saltwater Bill took over again to drive us up to lake Wabby, and here we were once again rewarded with stunning views over lakes, dunes, rainforests and the Pacific ocean streatching off into the horizon. Next we revisited Lake McKenzie, before leaving there at 13:30 (we were supposed to have the cars back at 13:00...) for the slow and bumpy drive back to Rainbow beach.

We finally arrived back, and went for a final farewell dinner at Archies. There had been friction between a number of people in the car, but no fights broke out and everyone had a lot of fun - so successful trip all round!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb