Fraser Island.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 25th 2006
Published: March 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Quite literally the RAINforestQuite literally the RAINforestQuite literally the RAINforest

Dan was not pleased with the recent weather conditions!!!
We got dropped off at Hervey Bay as our base for the Fraser Isalnd experience. Our Hervey Bay accomadation was called The Woolshed and was really nice. We had a tv in our room which was a missed luxuary we were very grateful of, especially as we had the worst weather for the first day so stayed in our room and watched some commonwealth games. We booked a 2 day and 1 night tour of the island fearing that cyclone Larry would create bad weather and we wouldn't be able to do much. We got to the island and started the tour straight away visiting the rainforest and then the beautiful Lake McKenzie. The rain forest lived upto its name and it started to tip it down as soon as we started walking through it. Thanks to my large, bright yellow, waterproof poncho i didnt get wet, although Dan did dis-own me while i wore it!!
The Lake was stunning even though it was covered by cloud. The sand it made of some type of special stuff so you can use it to clean jewellry and even cleanse and exfoliate your skin and hair. We were silky smooth after we'd gone
Quite literally the RAINforrestQuite literally the RAINforrestQuite literally the RAINforrest

Beautiful scenary as we made our way through the forrest
for a spa session in the lake but had to make a sharpish exit as the heavens, once again, opened.
For the rest of that day and night it rained so hard and had the strongest winds. For the first time this trip we were freezing and the trainers and jumpers came out the bags. We even had a heater blasting into our room instead of aircon. Although freezing it was quite refreshing and felt like a home from home with all that rain and cold!!!
Thankfully the next day was brighter and we continued with the tour and saw some beautiful sights across the shore.
Once back to Hervey Bay we got ready to move on and visit Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands next.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Nice poncho!!Nice poncho!!
Nice poncho!!

I may look stupid but, i was also dry!!! SILLY YET PRACTICAL.
Lake McKenzieLake McKenzie
Lake McKenzie

Relaxing in the lake.
Lake McKenzieLake McKenzie
Lake McKenzie

Enjoying the lake just before the rains came.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb