Rainbow Beach & Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
February 5th 2008
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got to Rainbow Beach where we would meet our group on 11 people who would be crammed ino the back of a large 4x4 for the next 3 days on Fraser Island. Basiacally, if you miss the intro at 4pm you DO NOT go to Fraser the next day as it warns you on driving on sand, dingoes etc etc.

So - we were both pretty keen to meet our group - hoping we would have a good bunch up for a laugh. As we sat down our group unfolded to be the full 11 people expected...ten women and Justin! Imagine his face - a mixture of 'a dream come true' and pure horror!

We watched the video and then had to compile a shopping list and go shopping for the next 3 days - can you imagine 10 women all trying to shop!? Justin was in charge of the booze order and toddled off to the bottle shop (i'm sure to keep out of the way).

Got up at 5.30am the next morning (ouch) and loaded up the 4x4 and off we went to Fraser. Justin was pretty much the nominated driver and I had a
Fraser IslandFraser IslandFraser Island

At Lake McKenzie
go - was the only one to get the bloody thing stuck in the sand on a very steep soft sand road - everyone had to get out and push. Doh!

Stayed the first night in the forrest which proved very noisy with insects and birds and got up early again at 6am (ouch ouch). Drove up to Indian Head which is a huge cliff face with 180 degree views which were pretty impressive and then camped the night on the beach. To keep Justin's testosterone levels high we had a game of footie on the beach before cooking dinner. The goon & beers came out early and as we had the whole beach to ourselves the stereo was cranked up high and we had a jolly good knees up! Justin started to feel a touch left out and sloped off to the tent and came back with my dress on. The quiet Japanese girls thought it hilarious and made him "boobies" out of blown up empty goon bags.

All in all a pretty entertaining trip - all pretty knackered by day 3 after ANOTHER early start - that one REALLY hurt!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Justin being a man with his BBQ!
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Lake Wabby
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

lake wabby
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Our little tent
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Indian Head
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Indian Head (Actually on our 7 year anniversary - ah!)
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Jon Bon Jovi eat your heart out!
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Justin and his 'bitches'!
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

Justin's 'dress' moment!
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

The Shipwreck
Fraser IslandFraser Island
Fraser Island

the shipwreck


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb