The Tropical Rainforest


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Daintree
November 7th 2011
Published: November 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Australia's tropical rainforest is apparently the oldest continuously growing rainforest on earth - 150,000,000 years old.....or some shit like that. I wasn't really paying that much attention. I was looking out for snakes, crocs, birds, spiders, bugs, man-eating plants, horny kangaroos, and various other deadly creatures that I could take pictures of or make slippers out of. It's very hot, humid, drippy, muggy, sticky and wet - much like Toronto in August. Nevertheless, it's a fascinating place, located in the northeast region of the continent, right off the coast, north from about Cairns up to Daintree/Cape Tribulation (where the forest meets the reef). Just beautiful. BEAUTIFUL I tell ya! Going to start heading south now, down the entire east coast from Cape Tribulation to Sydney. Picking up the motorhome in a few hours, as a matter of fact. In the meantime, here are the rainforest photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Newly AdoptedNewly Adopted
Newly Adopted

Aw man! You had to grab 'em!
SkyrailSkyrail
Skyrail

Gondola over the rainforest canopy to Kuranda
KurandaKuranda
Kuranda

Tourist Trap Town in the middle of the rainforest? WHO KNEW???!!!
Kuranda RailwayKuranda Railway
Kuranda Railway

Restored Train from the 1800's running between Cairns and Kuranda up and down the mountain.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb