The Great Barrier reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
November 4th 2011
Published: November 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Port Douglas Marina 1Port Douglas Marina 1Port Douglas Marina 1

Getting ready to head out to the reef.
How ya goin' mates? Well, I think it's pretty common knowledge that the Great Barrier Reef is a wondrous place that needs no verbal description. It's been documented countless time for several decades, and I just consider myself lucky to have been able to hang out here for a while. I don't have my SCUBA divers' certification, which is a shame, considering the opportunities it would afford in this neck of the woods, so I did the next best thing, and went snorkeling in the reef. Fortunately, the sun was shining, which made it possible to see the fish and coral fairly clearly from a relatively shallow depth. I bought a small inexpensive waterproof camera in Melbourne just for this purpose (by the way, if ever in Melbourne, visit Michael's Cameras in the Central Business District - the most amazing camera store you'll ever shop at. Great prices, great staff, great selection. I even went for coffee with the owner, and HE PAID!!) and was able to get a few decent underwater shots.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Here we go!Here we go!
Here we go!

Howie Cousteau
Shooting the fishShooting the fish
Shooting the fish

Check out my snazzy new mini-waterproof Lumix from Michaels Cameras in Melbourne! The BEST!
Catch of the day......from the buffet table Catch of the day......from the buffet table
Catch of the day......from the buffet table

Put another Shrimp on the Barbie?


6th November 2011

I like fishy 6
it looks like it is from "finding nemo" - karen your hair stayed amazingly straight - mine was amassed with the humidity of the day - what was the weather like - when we were there it was sooooooo hot! amazing isn't it - wanted to see karen snorkeling! enjoy the ride kiddies - already november :( We miss you here but love the pics!

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb