ThE CoRrUgAtIoNs ArE a KiLlEr


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape York
September 17th 2013
Published: September 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

ThE CoRrUgAtIoNs ArE a KiLlErYesterday was great lazing around our campsite at Punsand Bay. It is a typical tropical paradise. Island view, palm trees, white sand, tranquil aqua water and the strangest thing - no one swimming in it.I swam in it but there is a ritual. You take a spotter with you, they stand on the beach and look out for crocs while you charge in the water like a person possessed, dive under hoping like he'll that old crock is not there lying in wait..... and then charge straight back out again. Then you do the same for the spotter hoping that you're eyesight is good enoug to spot a croc from reef or cloud shadow.

Late in the day we decide to go to the Corrugations restaurant for dinner when we discover that it is closed for a private function. They said they were still doing pizza and we were welcome to eat over near the outdoor pizza oven with the chef.

We were fortunate enough to be privy to a fundraising event conducted by the women of Seisia and Bamaga for Heart Kids.. These girls sure know how to have fun. It was a red, black and white party with a theme of Anything Goes... (my take on it). There were high kicks with photographs of what I could only assume was a vijayjay by the look on Wayne's face. They were becoming rather untidy very early on but I think that they ended up rampaging through the camp ground at some wee hour in the middle of the night.

This morning we decided to decamp after four fantastic days at this idyllic beach.

I have to say I felt sad to be leaving and wondering how we could top the Top. Sadly I had no ideas so we set off on the return journey. We did the Bamaga road all the way to Musgrave station some 600 km of unrelenting, brain rattling jarring. To give us some respite there were stops at creeks and road houses but the biggest eye opener of all was the head on crash we encountered going through a ridiculously designed series of dips in the road which appeared o e off camber. Fortunately the occupants were ok. But it was as that point that i decided I was being choked by exhaust fumes. We limped into Musgrave station to find the tail pipe had come offend wad hanging by a bracket.

Oh Great!!! What's next.

We set up camp for the night but did not realize we had set up next to a group with about 10 kids... That made for lots of noise and fun. But they crashed pretty early which was good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb