Day 7


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
December 6th 2015
Published: December 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This morning I woke up at 4 again urgh but the hubster managed a bit more than that!
After brekkie we went to collect our first car of the trip that we decided to hire ourselves last nigh so we could go to cape tribulation - where the rainforest meets the sea!
We went to the office to collect the car band of course the Hubs found half a dozen things wrong with it before we left (hides head in hands!)
We headed off on the hour+ drive out to cape Trib! It was a very chilled drive barely a car on the road which was really bendy with rainforest either side!
When we got there it was hot (32) but beautiful! We had a stroll along the beach and had a paddle in the sea which was like bath water soooo warm - lovely! Andy also found one of the teeny crabby dudes that was digging tiny holes and leaving little balls of sand along the beach!! Teeny - can just be seen by not so great iPhone camera!!
I of course had to try to take some arty fatty pictures too haha!
We then decided it was time for lunch so headed back into the rainforest and went to Masons cafe! I had the seafood platter and the Hubs had a buffalo burger!!! (Yes I know another one!)
We then got back in to our nice air conditioned box to Thornton beach for another mooch 😊 luffly!!
We also made another stop off at Alexandra lookout which again is stunning!
After crossing back on the ferry (I use the term loosely!!) we saw a little sign for WWII bombing site so we thought we'd take a look! Now it seems that here in Aus you don't get a sign post to go somewhere until you're right there, so after a little detour (or maybe 2!) we ended up at the site which is just actually an empty field with a small memorial at the roadside that states a Japanese bomb landed there in 1942 and shrapnel tore through a families tin house cutting the young child's head! And that this was the only injury to take place in Oz in WWII ! Fascinating!
So after that we carried on our merry way back to Port Douglas!
The hubster was sure on our journey in here on Friday he'd seen "The Grog Shop" and wanted to go there... Ok... So we had a little drive around, no luck, even googled it still no luck! So he had to settle for a normal offy and some XXXX gold!
We arrived back to our little apartment and grabbed our steaks to cook on the barbie! THEY WERE DELICIOUS and cooked to perfection by my handsome Hubby!! Love you xxx
Now to chill out and hopefully sleep later than 4am!
Much love
Cxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb