Day 6


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
December 5th 2015
Published: December 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 6
So this morning we were awake and 6 so we decided to go to the supermarket which opened at 7 to get some breakfast and a few things for the rest of our stay!
Last night it felt a bit scary in the dark when we went to purchase our Chinese... 😊)
But this morning in the daylight is quite a pretty place very tropical and very mountain-y which surprised me - not sure what it was I expected but not that!
So we bought our groceries and stumbled across "Daves" fish and chip shop that actually has a wall of Daves! Love it!!
Had brekkie and made our way out to the Marina to catch our boat!
A big catamaran called Quicksilver 5 that would take us out to a pontoon to see the barrier reef!
We ended up sat next to an American couple and to say they were stereotypical would be accurate lol they got delayed coming out here as they didn't know they'd need a visa so spent the night in the airport!! Then she told us that she 'just hadn't thought to pack for summer' haha - really!
So we trundled out on the boat to the reef and had lunch, lots of lovely food in the buffet (enter the huge prawny dude!) as pictured! After lunch we went for a look round the pontoon in the under water observatory and admired the views of blue ocean, in anticipation of our dive in the 'jetson' looking suits lol!
I have to admit I did think I would back out of it but I was a brave girl and went through with the dive and it was amazing! We hired an underwater camera too so we could really capture it all! Our diving instructor Damo fed the fish right on the front of our helmets so we were right in the thick of it all and could tickle the fish! Then he held up and let us touch a pineapple sea cucumber and 2 other strange creaturey things!
A really fab day! Currently just chilling in the apartment now feeling the eyelids dropping! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb