Cruising down the East Coast of Australia


Advertisement
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

111

a cool building in Brisbane
The beginning of the campervan started out with a bit of a wrinkle. We thought the rental place was a 5 minute walk from our guesthouse...after about 1 hour and 3km later...oh and a body drencehed in sweat...we arrived to get our fabulous campervan.
Its one big advertisement, but not as bad as the company called Wicked, which have paintings on the sides of them such as: Kiss, Sopranos, "I DO NOT MASTERBATE," and other funny/fresh/crude paintings.
Anyway, our BackPacker van is our new home for the next month.
Dave has to do all of the driving, because its a manual and i cannot drive it...but maybe i will try to learn on it.
We started the trip up north in Cairns. we were saying it all wrong the entire time, since they have a funny acceny they pronounce it "Cans."
While in Cairns, we decided to get out to the Great Barrier Reef and cross that off of our bucket lists. At first we were all smiles and excited to go see the reef and dive. After our first dive, we both ran for the bathroom and got sick. It felt like we had a fully body workout and were so tired. The boat was moving around so much in the sea that it didnt help the motion sickness and we continued to feel and get sick. Then it came time for our second dive, which we were dreading. I think i psyched myself out and got sick right before strapping on the gear...but the second dive was so much better. We were relaxed, and got to enjoy our surroundings and have a good look at the fish surrouding us. It only took a few more hours once on land for the feeling of moving stopped and the next day we work up excited that we did the dive.



Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

77
7

Where is Daveo?
99
9

a crazy fig tree
1010
10

a walk in what is called a Mangrove
1111
11

a purple tree for my sister, her favorite color
1212
12

Dave and that travel book again
1313
13

The lagoon in Cairns
1515
15

immitating e/o...i think the heat was getting to us
1616
16

our daily walk to the guesthouse.
1717
17

Tropic Days, the place we stayed while in Cairns.
1818
18

about to go diving
1919
19

the boat that took us out to the Great Barrier Reef
2020
20

All smiles as we got our gear.
2121
21

heading out to sea


12th November 2008

I miss you two
Looks great. Have a blast and remember, Daddy would have wanted it this way. I love you both.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb