Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » open water
May 4th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

as you all know we are now in Australia. Sydney was a very nice city with lots to do however we didnt do very much of it because we are not willing ot spend a ton of money. We went to Bondi beach which is a well known beach in Sydney. It was pretty windy and the water wasnt very warm. Our hostel had boogie boards that you could use for free so we went to the beach a couple days even though it wasnt warm. Alot of people were wearing neat looking wetsuits and surfing.... our time will come. We also went to The Opera House. It was nice to see, i got a few pics for all of you at home. beside the opera house there are walking paths with nice trees and plants and animals. we saw a pretty big spider in its web, we saw some cockatoos and we saw about a thousand bats hanging from trees.

we are now in Cairns and are trying to find an apartment that wont make us sign a 6 month contract. the hostel we are staying at gives you free dinner, so that is really good!

thanks for the tip Grampy, we'll start riding in kangaroos!!!!

Take Care E M I L Y

Advertisement



5th May 2006

Yo Mo!!!
WEll, we are back from our Edmonton travels.....so nice to see everyone but took a while to get caught up from being exhausted! Can't imagine how you guys are handling it ... from country to country and time zone to time zone......oh, wait a sec, this is EMO.....you just sleep until 2 in the afternoon!!!!! So, the pool opened last Thursday and the Volvo officially has the top down for the summer!!! It is SO beautiful here EM......there is only one thing missing!!! Doug was here Sunday night for dinner and of course we might have had one cocktail more than needed (ok, maybe 10 cocktails more than needed) and we both were staring at our ice cubes saying how much we miss you and are going to miss you being here this summer.....you bett be having fun for everything you are putting your uncles through!!!!! Oh, and PS.....the pool hasn't even been open a week and today Lorelee is getting ready for her bookgroup party and she see that ASS, Jim outside in the middle of the week, in the middle of the day bringing his towel over to lie on our lounge chair - apparently he is "sick". Go figure.....we are going to have to pull with him what you did with Brett!
12th May 2006

envious
Hey Em, I've always wanted to go to Australia, or at least since I was about 20. You beat me there! Is Australia how you pictured it to be? We're going into summer and you're going into winter, I'll bet there isn't much difference.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb