Day 126 Australia, Cairns, Lagoon.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
March 21st 2015
Published: March 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello People,



As we had decided not to go to Cape Tribulation (because it was so expensive to get there and we hadn’t met anyone with a car), we decided to go to the Lagoon in the center of Cairns. It was relaxing and sunny!



We also booked up Frasier Island- 3 days and 2 nights on the island with a night at the hostel before and after the trip on Rainbow beach for $400 each. This was probably the best deal we found for that amount of days, however we have seen bulk deals including the Great Barrier Reef, Whitsundays, Fraser Island, and nights at Mission beach, 1770, Rainbow beach etc. for about $800 each. This is probably cheaper than doing it separately than booking it separately in advance like us but it does run the risk of dates you want not being available.



When we got back to the hostel in the afternoon we watched the cricket with a few others whilst drinking beer and goon. We chatted to people in the hostel and cooked chicken schnitzels and spaghetti with a sauce in the evening, which weren’t great as the breadcrumbs just fell straight off in the pan and then burnt. We thought we had spent enough today on the Fraser trip so didn’t want t spend any more on beer, so had a cheap night in with a film: Nightcrawler. We also couldn’t drink much because we are diving the reef tomorrow…Excited!!!!!!



Love V&N x


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb