24/25 Feb Tropical Rain, Planar Faciitus and the good samaritans


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
February 26th 2011
Published: February 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today it just poured all day ("I ain't never known a night like it Bill") and so it was quite a good day for resting me poor old foot. Left Marina with all the work for which I am really grateful and she didn't complain once, well not much. So I just watched some World Cup Cricket and a couple of DVDs while it rained and rained. Managed to get out in the evening to the High Tide Restaurant, Esplanade, Port Douglas. Highly recommended and I said so to the chef after. The next day we drove to Cairns after saying goodbye to Katie, Wendy and Kathy at By The Sea Port Douglas - they couldn't do enough to help us and if you are looking for an inexpensive apartment in Port Douglas this is highly recommended. We spent about 2.5 hours in total at the hospital checking out the foot and overall I would say the staff there were professional, efficient, knowqledgeable and helpful. Turns out that it was a condition called Planar Faciitus and its quite common as well as painful. So then it was off to the hotel, an over priced meal and an early night before flying to Hamilton Island the next day. The crutches issued by the hospital came in very useful three times today. First they offered a wheelchair and golf buggy out to the plan with priority boarding. Then two cases of the good samaritan offering me a lift to the marina and then a taxi driver taking us the final 400 metres to the apartment in Airlie for nothing. These crutches could be the answer to airport queues! Hamilton Island is lovely but I wouldn't want to spend more than a day there unless we could afford it. The ferry took us to Shute Harbour and then a coach to our apartment which surpassed our expectations. Set in the hillside it is a luxurious 2 bedroomed with huge kitchen,lounge, laundry, walk in wardrobe, ensuite and the most fabolous views over to the Whitsunday Islands. Spoke to Laura, neil and Ethan Via Skype tonite and caught all their news. It was lovely to see them and speak with them for nearly an hour.
Tomorrow we plan an excursion, possibly a helicopter or seaplane out over the islands and the Barrier Reef but we haven't decided just yet


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



26th February 2011

foot problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis A symptom commonly recognized among sufferers of plantar fasciitis is increased probability of knee pains, especially among runners. Poor you - good luck with resting. x x
27th February 2011

Keep on taking the pills !!!
Love the comments, be careful of all those creepy crawlies them foreign bugs are bastards xx

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb