the paradise?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 27th 2009
Published: September 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to the paradise with an awesome first day....


i am in cairns it is a different world here. 31 degrees yesterday and today. i dont have much time so quick version of yesterday and i will post photos later...

so we arrived. the hostel is good for the price and i am lucky tht i didnt get a jetlag really. marina was dead though lol
we went to the mall and got some water and foot and a sim card. then to the lagune with some people from the hostel after tht marina went back to the hostel and i went to the beachvolleyball court and found some guys who were really good players and we had some awesome matches.... we played while it was getting dark as we had floodlight. after tht marina went to bed as she had a jetlag and went next doors and asked them what they were doing and basicly i ended up playing ring of fire (yes they play ring of fire in oz) with people from all over the world. later on we went clubbing it really was a very good day.

we organized some trips. we want to hire a car and go to rainforest with some really nice waterfalls. some other backpackers gave us good tips and we want to go for 2 days and camp somewhere in a national park. than a day to the reef and than camping on a high island and party of course. it really is awesome here. it is so beautiful here with the sun, hills with rainforest, beach and sea. all the people from all over the world are fun and helping each other.

nature is so different to europe. palms everywhere, trees you never seen before, birds in all colours, 1000 gigantic flying foxes just hanging around in the trees in the city. hudge albatroses.... i cant wait to see the waterfalls, the rainforest and reef. it must be so good.

anyway the others want to get going and some volleyball people invited me for a match later so i better get going. i post photos and more details if i find time but that could take a while.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb