Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
November 15th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Somala's Bull SharkSomala's Bull SharkSomala's Bull Shark

Isn't he cute?
We are finally in Cairns. Finally.. we got a break in the weather! Time to break out our flip flops and swim suits again!

Today we spent the morning fishing the Estuary. The ocean here isn't particularly blue because of where the river meets the ocean. I caught a bull shark and an eel. Jeff caught a bull shark too.

There is still much to do here! We plan to visit the Daintree rainforest.. hopefully via zip line!

The Daintree Rainforest turned out to be a bust. Well... the parts that we visited anyways. We took a trip up to Port Douglas and took a Rainforest tour. This featured a river cruise where we spotted a crocodile. That's it. No other wildlife or cool plants. We expected to see so much more! It was quite disappointing. We didn't get up to do the ziplining thing, but it seems that it was not as fun as it looked anyway!

Back in Cairns, (pronounced "Cans") we had so many activities to choose from! We spend the remainder of our days on tours to the Great Barrier Reef. We've got some great photos. Jeff did a couple of Scuba dives!
Somala's EelSomala's EelSomala's Eel

He almost bit me!
I stuck to snorkeling. The most important thing to remember is to check the weather and the conditions of the wind for the day before you book your trip out there!

Another place we visited while in Cairns was Green Island. Don't bother to go here! It is such a tourist trap and the snorkeling here is not good! You have to swim out really far to see anything. One thing we did enjoy on Green Island was the semi-submersible submarine.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb