2 Great Days in the Rainforest and the Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have spent 2 fantastic days in the Cairns area. Cairns is a strange town in that there isn't that much to see in Cairns itself, it is more of a hub for seeing everything around it.
On Wednesday John and I drove up to the Rainforest, we drove about 2 hours north of Cairns to a place called Daintree, we drove along the coast road which literally goes along the coast and you can see the waves crashing on the empty beach. When we reached Daintree there is a cable ferry that takes you across the daintree river. Then we drove up the road for another hour until we reached Cape Tribulation - along the way we stop for a couple of rainforest walks. On one of these walks a giant lizard walked across our path which caused us to jump a bit. On the way back we went on a daintree river cruise and saw a couple of crocs on the river banks.
Yesterday we went to a place called Green Island which is on the Great Barrier Reef, we got a boat across to the island and spent the day snorkelling off the beach, we saw quite a lot of fishes and different types of coral. It was a really good day.
Today we have just spent chilling in Cairns - they have a really nice artifical lagoon by the beach.
Enjoy the photos - I have also updated some photos from Ayers Rock on the previous blog entry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb