Ayers Rock


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
October 21st 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its been a long time since we updated the blog. On the last couple of days in Perth we didn't get up to much - we chilled in Kings Park on one day and had a BBQ in the park - they provide free gas BBQs that anyone can cook on - Can you imagine that in England they would get vandalised in 2 minutes. On the final day in Perth we went to AQWA which is the Aquarium of Western Australia - they show loads of stuff that is found off the coast - some of sharks were massive and we had been swimming in that water 2 days ago!!

After we left Perth we flew to Ayers Rock. Unfortunately my bag didn't fly with me. When I got to the Airport which is a length of tarmac in the middle of the desert my bag didn't get off the plane - luckily they found it and returned it the next day - lucky Hayley had to hand wash my pants that evening!!

On the 1st day in Ayers Rock we went on a Sunset Dinner, we watched the sunset over the Olgas with a glass of champagne and then we sat down for a candlelit dinner in view of Ayers Rock - as it got darker the stars came out - then they blew out the candles and we had someone tell us about the stars.

The next day we got up at 5am to watch the sunrise at Ayers Rock, then in the evening we went and had a closer look at Ayers Rock and the Olgas.
The weather in Ayers Rock was sooo hot, it was 37C in the shade and it was such a dry heat.

We have now arrived in Cairns and we are off to see the Rainforest tomorrow before heading out to see the Great Barrier Reef on Thursday or Friday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

At Ayers Rock againAt Ayers Rock again
At Ayers Rock again

Don't worry there are plenty more to show you once we get home


23rd October 2008

Nice
All sounds fantastic mate.......you write a great blog.
24th October 2008

hi Adam,- we are really enjoying your updates and checking out the photos. Have replied to the other email you sent me. Enjoy the adventure! Sx

Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb