Kuranda


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
May 9th 2007
Published: May 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

KurandaKurandaKuranda

the barron falls gorge.
I actually wasn't feeling very well at this point, but was actually looking forward to this trip.
Got taken by coach to a place called freshwater railway station,which was an old fashioned station, also included a small museum about the station, trains ect.
Embarked on my journey on this scenic tour up to kuranda, the actual track that this train goes on was built in 1884, the train still had a couple of the original carriages on the line.
The scenery was amazing on the way up lined with trees, plants and a couple of waterfalls. We actually stopped at a gorge called barron falls, the weather wasn't too good today either, but managed to get some good photo's.
So getting to kuranda, famous for its markets, which i didn't get too felt i'd seen too many as it was. I went to a place called the venom zoo, which had the usual, snakes, spiders and lizards, they actually research anti venom for medicine there.
Then off to rainforeststation for an army duct tour of the area, again more trees, plants @ animals to see, then it was a pamigirri show ( aboriginal dance), one of the guys from the
KurandaKurandaKuranda

spear throwing!!
show took us and showed us how to play the didgeridoo, throw spears,and boomarangs. then lastely walked around to see the wallabies and koalas around the zoo. I enjoyed today, felt so much better at the end of all that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

KurandaKuranda
Kuranda

army duct!


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb