Sandra with her Belgian Friends part II


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
December 16th 2006
Published: December 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post



Hi everybody! Sorry for the delay.. I haven't been on the internet for a long time..

So we were on the boat having our tonga party.. Actually, the people from another boat came to party with us.. We were 50 persons on the deck of the sailing boat partying .. dancing.. I think the pictures will explain you better than the words..

The next morning, it was a bit hard to wake up .. we went for a sailing in the ocean and then it was time to head back to the land..

That afternoon, we had to drive to Cairns to enjoy a maximum over there. So we drove to arrive on wednesday 1st of november in Cairns. We were a bit late after taking our shower.. and on wednesday the city seemed too quiet! So the only place were we could still eat was an indian restaurant called the... ''Spicy Indian''! And i have too say .. it was.. I have never eaten an indian so spicy!

On thursday, we had to book our diving trip for the next day, and after that we went to Kurunda by skyrail and we saw the
impressive Baron Falls.. There was nice views from the train too goin down to cairns.

The friday was one of the best days we had ! We went diving in the great barrier reef! We left at 8.30 in the morning on a beautiful and sunny day! we enjoyed the boat trip to arrvied at the designed place to dive... We had had our pre-diving explanations.. So we just went in the water with our gear. And we start breathing with this thing just at the surface of the water.Then when that was ok we had to try a couple of things.. like taking the water out of the mask if we have some, taking the air out of the ears.. and so on.. then when it was ok we could go down.. 3 meters .. then we tried everything again.. when that was ok , we went down again.. We were a little group of 3 persons with one monitor.. . Finally we were there 10 meters deep in the ocean next to the corals and the fishes.. you have the impression to fly in the water.. weird! but awesome!! We went diving twice each time half an hour. The second time we were more free to go where ever we liked .. it was even better.. and we were a bigger group so we were together. Look at our funny faces on those nice pictures!!
Friday night is quite a busy night in Cairns. So we went to eat out in asian restaurant. Then we headed for a drink to the Gilligan's Disco. That was nice, good live music, big space and we played pool .. of course!

On saturday, we left Cairns early in the morning to arrive at cap tribulation before midday. We went to cap tribulation beach. And some of us decided to start trek to the mount sorrow.. 650meters high starting from the sea. It was 7km return .. but it was almost hiking at some places ..that we took 2 hours and a half to go up and 2hours to go down.. But when we arrived at the top.. the view was so amazing.. And we were like in the clouds.. This was a tiring but great trek!
After that we went back to the beach to relax a bit before leaving cap tribulation.
We headed back to Port douglas to sleep there. And we enjoyed the sunday market the next morning.
After what we decided to go on a rafting tour .. in the Barron river. It was quite shallow and hard but not too scary (well depends for who). Some japaneese girls where all on one boat.. screaming like never.. funny! Last night in Cairns!

Monday was the day of departure... My friends were leaving to go to the Red Centre. And i stayed 2 more days relaxing in Cairns.. with a so nice weather.. hot during the day and warm at night..

After 2 days chilling out in Cairns, i took the plane back to Sydney... again and again..!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 16; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb