WE FOUND NEMO!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
September 21st 2010
Published: September 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

NEMO!NEMO!NEMO!

With Marlin
Hi all,
Yeah you guessed it, Great Barrier Reef time!
We travelled up to Cairns on the Business Class Tilt Train on Friday/Saturday and after a few hiccups (a two hour delay when the train wouldn't move and a derailment further up the line forcing us to do the last 5 hours by coach) we finally arrived on Saturday night.
Went to explore Cairns on Sunday - there's a really nice lagoon here with a beach as you can't swim in the sea because of crocs (argh!) and we had a swim even though it was raining. It is hot rain though - so humid here it's nice for a bit of water!
Monday we went on our Great Barrier Reef cruise - had to get a coach up to Port Douglas then got the 'Wavedancer' out to the Low Isles where we had a snorkel and went on a glass bottomed boat. We saw lots of colourful coral and tropical fish, quite a few sea turtles and most importantly - NEMO! There were three of them (clownfish) in an anenome near to the beach so we sat and watched them for ages - they're so small but very cute, think we were lucky to spot him really. Luckily the weather held out for the day (after a drizzly start) so we managed to see the coral in the sunshine.
Today (Tuesday) we hired a car and went out to the Atherton Tablelands, a mountain range about an hour outside of Cairns, which has loads of really spectacular waterfalls and gorges. We visited quite a few of them, including 'Millaa Millaa' falls which is where Peter Andre filmed his Mysterious Girl video, and where the Herbal Essences advert was made, but didn't swim in any of them as it was a little cold and rainy!
Looking forward now to the last leg of our adventure in Brisbane with the Corfields.
Love to all,
The Bears xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tilt TrainTilt Train
Tilt Train

Enjoying the entertainment onboard
CairnsCairns
Cairns

Crocs about!
CairnsCairns
Cairns

Lagoon
CairnsCairns
Cairns

Lagoon
CairnsCairns
Cairns

In the Lagoon...In the rain
CairnsCairns
Cairns

In the Lagoon...In the rain
The WoolshedThe Woolshed
The Woolshed

Free Dinner!
Great Barrier Reef CruiseGreat Barrier Reef Cruise
Great Barrier Reef Cruise

Our Boat - Wavedancer


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb