Fish And Lobster


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
August 13th 2010
Published: August 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So a drive to Brisbane and a night in a very nice hotel near the airport started to make things look like our luck was on the up, until I then lost my phone! We dropped the car off to the airport on Wednesday night which saved us 80 bucks so got a taxi to the airport Thursday morning. The fight to Cairns was just over two hours and we arrived mid afternoon and again jumped into a taxi to our hotel, this time a Comfort Inn. Our dinning that evening was spent at Outback Jacks and although a little expensive we all left with bloated bellys.

Today was Friday 13th, what could go wrong?
We had booked a day trip on the Great Barrier Reef on Osprey V a dive/snorkel boat and awoke at 6.30 to make sure we were at the jetty in time for departure. We made it and set sail for our first reef after an interesting brief from the crew and Elvis. Saxon reef was our first drop and the water was warm and the snorkelling great. We spent two hours either on the reef or sunbathing on the deck then a BBQ lunch cooked and served by Elvis our chef. The sea was not quite as calm as we expected and while travelling to our destinations a few guests were a little on the sick side which I guess left more food for us. The second reef was Hastings reef and the water here was even better and the reef amazing. We all had a second dip in the water and Sue had a treat with a trip on the glass bottomed boat which came along side for an hour. Some of the guests also had a scenic helicopter flight from a small floating jetty which looked great fun but Sue was having none of it.
At 3.30pm we set sail, well started the engines and headed for the mainland. The surprises kept coming with a caberet proformance from our talented chef who lived up to his name singing and cracking jokes all the way back to Cairns. All in all a fantastic day Which was completed by hiring a car and driving half an hour up the coast to our new hotel in Palm Cove.
Oh! by the way something or someone did go wrong, guess who? Yes it was Chris after getting comfortable on the sun deck and falling asleep with not a lot of sun protection on he is know known as Chris the hopping lobster.

A pleasant Surprise when arriving in Palm Cove a very picturesque and postcard bay with lots of great resturants and bars with great views out across the sea
after having a good look around our very nice two bed apartment we headed to Apre's Resturant And Bar for great food and drinks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb