They're onto me...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
July 29th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the past week (or 2) has been fairly quiet, with the exception of a few nights out that got loud. There's a bar called Paddywhacks that has a 100 beer challenge...I won. I'm pretty sure the casino has a standing order to not allow me in since we've tried to go twice and they've refused us entry both times. This is after three fairly lucrative nights, so im ok with it. I'm closing in on a month here and I'm getting ready to leave. I've come to the realization that Australia and I are never going to see eye-to-eye. They do things a little backwards and the longer you stay the more you realize it (ie.presidential debates get rescheduled because they conflict with their version of top chef).
This past week we drove up to Port Douglas, and while the town isn't much to speak of, the drive there is amazing. If I come across a more beautiful drive, i'll let you know. We also went south to Josephine Falls and Babinda Boulders. Since we are currently in the dry season, it wasn't as impressive as it could have been. Nonetheless, it was amazing. Barron Falls is slightly north of Cairns and if you catch it in the wet season I think it might be one of the more impressive waterfalls around. Cairns has been great though. I've been living with a group of people who I hope I stay friends with forever, especially Sweet Dee.
I leave for Fiji and Vanuatu tomorrow and I'm planning to get certified to dive there. After scuba diving on the reef, I'm addicted. When I get home I plan to dive more often (get ready Russ).
I'll update more when I get to Fiji though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb