blog 2 Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
January 22nd 2010
Published: January 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys,

This our last day here in Cairns, we are waiting for the Greyhound bus to take us to Townsville. We are staying at the Ibis Hotel (yes that is a hotel lol) we tried for hostel but had no luck as only male/female dorms and we want to be together !! (reach for the sick buckets lol) Im sure we will struggle through the queen size bed and hot shower, tv, coffee/tea etc...

We saw our first crocodile yesterday it was a saltwater one in the Tropical rainforest dome at the top of a casino. It was well cool we have pics but we are going to wait til the hotel and put them on. We didnt make it to the croc farm yesterday as we seem to be in the middle of a tropical satorm at the moment and it is tipping down. In true Brit style we are in Cougals and hhave rain covers on our backpacks.

We had a paddle in the lagoon yesterday and it was a little chilly but we found it refreshing as it is a bit sticky here.

We found a lovely little Irish pub called O'Briens Bar and had lunch out, always nice to try a bit of local culture! lol We also went to the night market and bought a few souvenirs, Andy nearly got more than he bargained for when he was approached twice for a 'Thai Massage' he ran away.

Hope everyone is well, glad its above average temperature for you in Ireland, 1C almost a heatwave. We are only 29C better off.

Speak to you soon

Caroline & Andy xx


































































Advertisement



22nd January 2010

All the best
Here in 'sunny' Blackpool we are glad you are both ok and that everything is going well for you both - the updates are funny - have a good time in Townsville and glad that Cairns has gone weel. Look forward to seeing your pics. Dennis and Tony

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb