Blog 1 Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
January 19th 2010
Published: January 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

This is our first update fron Cairns! As you may gather we are here, it was a long flight with stopovers in Singapore and Darwin. Its lovely here Andy is burnt already (yes mother/ Kath he did put suncream on, and yes it was a high factor! lol )

So far we have not seen much as I slept for 18 hours but we are hoping to take the advice and see Hartleys Crocodile farm in the next few days. We have extended our stay at Njoy for a few extra days as the room is nice and we have air con. We had our first room mate yesterday, we called him larry. He was a lizard we have a photo but cant figure out how to upload at the mo, we will change internet cafes at some point and see if that helps. We are still trying to find the supermarket here but we did find the local bakery, no corned beef pasties but the sausage rolls were lovely. We tried woolworths but it was really expensive.

We have our bus passes sorted out and the bus runs 6 times a day to townsville so we are off there next. Well we are going back to the lagoon now for a bit of lunch. May have a swim as its 30C! Hope you are not too cold and you are all well. Talk to you soon.

Andy and Caroline xxx

Advertisement



20th January 2010

hello guys glad you got their ok. Andy Andy Andy how is your skin going to cope with six months in the sun you had better come home and I will take your place. The only thing you have to worry about here is frost bite and wind burn. Note to self Andy no nudie bathing! not eaten the vegimite yet then! Keep us updated have a fab time love to you both I must go now and put on an extra jumper as its 1c here gits! Shazzer

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb