Quick upate


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
May 4th 2009
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I have just logged on and even tho i am deliriously hungover i thought that i would give a quick freestyle update as i promised that i would post on here more! Just thought that i would start by saying how much i am still loving it over here, as you know i have started working now and i probably prefer working in Cairns more than i did travelling even though i did so much when i went up the east coast! The hostel that i am working in is hard 2 describe it has been extended and is now the 3rd biggest hostel in the world, it holds 700 people and it is much more like a resort, with the lagoon, huge bar and club, restaurant, gym and now even has a massive zipline and mini bungee put in recently! The place is literally buzzing every night and as i am staff you get recognised all the time and everyone wants to be your mate buy you drinks etc and you get loads of female attention as well, haha!

With the staff getting together every night, it can get get a bit messy, there is always LOADS of stories the next morning, the place is honeslty worse that Eastenders, lol! I know a lot of people at home will prob find this quite funny especially the lads in the IPD office but i have started working as a topless waiter in the resort as well on ladies night every thursday, it is very interesting, you get quite a few propositions from girls, haha, i do it with another guy, we get wasted and its always a quality night!!! I love it!

Apart from the boozing and clubbing on one of my days off a few of the lads hired out a car and we drove to this place called Crystal Cascades, it has some amazing waterfalls and is really picturesc but it is most notorious for this cliff jump called "no fear". It is pretty/very dangerous and people have died from doing it but it is the biggest adrenalin rush when you jump off the top in the stream! All the lads said they would do it before they got there but only me and this other guy ended up doing it. It is massive, at least 20 metres high! You have to climb the mountain first to get to the top, which is really dangrous in itself, i was shitting myself when climbing the cliff as it was really slippy and one slip and you would roll off the side of it so you have to be carefull. When you get to the top there is a little slop that you run and jump off but you have to be vigilant as you have to clear some rocks at the bottom and because of the shape of the cliff you cant see what you are jumping into. The adrenalin was really kicking in when i was standing at the top, i did the jump and i was falling for a fair few seconds before hitting the water below, it really was an amazin rush but it caned when you hit the bottom, i got whiplash from doing it and it felt like i had ruptured my arsecheek as well cos i landed funny haha.

Anyway that is all i have to really update everyone on, i hope that everyone enjoys reading this and it gives people ideas about going travelling themselves. It would be great to hear back from everyone back at home. Speak to you all soon!

Glen.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb