Working now!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
April 16th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I think that its best that i start this blog with 2 quick apologies, firstly because i haven't posted on her 4 ages and secondly as i writing this on a hangover so bear wiv me for spelling and if it sounds a bit ropey! anyway as i have not posted 4 ages i will give you a condensed version of what i have been up 2. Last time i posted i was heading up to Brisbane, i had heard a lot of of negative things about Bris but i loved it there, there was a group of around 6-7 of us n we went out practically every night and got up 2 loads in the day!

The 2 highlights for me in brisbane tho were completing a 25m rock climb, it was possibly the hardest thing physically i have ever done, it was unbelievable when i got 2 the top, my hands and feet were bleeding n blistered (u had 2 do it barefoot) and i was beyond exhausted but it was a great experience! The 2nd memorable is that after a huge night out me and a mate entered a dodgeball competition, the final prize was $500 but we weren't expecting to get very far as there were proper dodgeball players there and me any mate were still pretty smashed, somehow tho after 2 hours of dodgeball on/off we got to the final and wiv a crowd of around 150-200 ppl watchin, we were 9-7 up and within a point of winnin when my mate got hit 3 times in a row, i was gutted to lose the money but we still got free beer 4 the rest of the day and it was also funny seein my mate gettin caned as well.

After Bris we travelled up the coast 2 noosa, the plan was 2 only stay in noosa for a few days but a hurricane hit the east coast so we had to stay there for around 2 weeks, noosa had a lot going on in the day time but not a lot to do at night so most days we just played pool, table tennis, beach football and sunbathed n then just chilled out at night. After noosa i headed up 2 rainbow beach 2 do fraser island. At frasers you drove around the sand island in this 4x4 and saw all the brilliant scenery and swam in the water lakes and at night all the vans got together and everyone got drunk, fraser was such a laugh but the only spour point was that one of the lads was a bit tipsy and crashed the van into a tree and apparently the damage is gona set him/us back $4000!

After fraser my next stop was airlie beach and whitsundays. I did a 2day/2night cruise on this party boat ovf around 50 people. It was 2 of the best days i have had in oz. i visited some gorgeous beaches ( one was apparently the 4th best beach in the world). After visiting the beaches everyone went snorkeling and saw some dolphins swimming by our boat. After whitsundays i had completely ran out of money and had nearly maxed out my overdraft as well so i had 2 find a job pretty soonish. My last stop on my bus ticket was cairns but i was a bit apprehensive when i got there as loads of people had told me that there was no chance of getting work. I arrived in cairns that night and decided to look for work the next day, the next day after looking unsuccessfully for around an hour i strolled into a fairly plush hostel and asked for work and after a 10 second convo with the manager he said that i could start tomorrow, i was really happy to have landed a job so quickly but only found out later how lucky i had been, apparently everyone wants to work there and they get over 500 applicants every week and about 5 mins prior to me going in some guy had just handed in his notice so it was pretty fortunate.


It is a quality job, i work around 4 or 5 days a week from 9-3, and i get $80 a day, free food, drink and accommodation in the deluxe suite, which is nice as i am in with only 2 other workers and i can actually get some sleep, sleeping in an 8-10 bed dorms every night whilst travelling up the coast has been random from crazy snorers to having my bunk violently shaken by a sleep walker to being woken up at 4 in the morn by 2 swedish having a punch up in the middle of the dorm at 4 in the morning! Neway it is an amazing hostel to work at as it is the 6th biggest in the world, it has a huge bar n nightclub, nice restaurant, gym and even has its own lagoon. The social is awesone as all the workers get together every night and drink pretty heavily, there have been some very eventful nights!!!! I imagine that i will be working here for at least the next few months! Anyway, as i said i will try and post more often and i will get some pics up on facebook over the weekend. Hopefully speak 2 u in a bit!

ps Happy birthday to Mrs Lomas for Saturday! Try not to get drunk and flash people again this time! lol

pps Just read over this and realised how terribly written it is, haha, sorry bout that!

Glen.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb