Roof Top Tent


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
April 15th 2007
Published: April 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our new favourite piece of equipment is our roof top tent which we have just installed on the truck and tested. I thought I might share a few pictures with you as we had never really known they were available until recently. The thought of setting up a dome tent every night had been daunting us for months so we are very happy that we have found such a simple solution. It takes no time to set up, has a matress and you can leave made up and ready to go at the drop of a hat. The only draw back is that the car is now 2.3m high so carparks are out and low hanging branches a real hazard.

The tent is a tribute to eBay as we paid about half of what they are worth locally by buying from eBay . Apparently they were invented in Africa for people on safari to give you some comfort that your are not going to wake up with a lion munching on you! I reckon ours will give us equal comfort from the snakes, scorpions, ants, pigs, dingos, buffalos and other sleep disturbing things that inhabit the wilds of our fine country.

We set the tent up on the roof last weekend (Easter) and tested it on a camping trip up to Lake Tinaroo on the Atherton Tablelands. The tent survived the wind, rain and everything else which was good, ti was also really comfortable and suprisingly cool. We had a great Easter weekend out on the lake in my mate Joel's boat catching red claw (very big and tasty yabby), fishing and waterskiing. First time for both of us at waterskiing which was heaps of fun despite the fact that we ate quite bit of lake water and were very sore the next few days. Friends took some photos for us so hopefully we can get a few of them up on the blog soon. I also had a trip to Cooktown for the opening of a new office by the comapny I work with, I will also try and get something up on that in the next few days.

It is now only 2 weeks till we go, the road up Cape York officially opened yesterday so things are looking up (fingers crossed). Lots to do....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb