More beach time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
December 28th 2012
Published: December 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Didn’t feel overly refreshed when I woke up at 6.30am, but by 7.30am we were eating the left over mango and passionfruit (not pavlova – just fruit!) for breakfast out on the veranda. We then headed back to Moore Park for a morning on the beach.

This morning we were not alone, as when I went for a walk along the sea edge splashing in and out of the sea I passed a couple with two dogs. For some reason, despite being a distance away their black lab took a distinct dislike to me, barking and pulling despite the couples attempt to quiet it. I quickly passed; thankful they kept the dog on the lead, and continued to splash in and out of the water, contemplating what 2013 had in store.

After my walk it was getting to midday and peak UV rays, so we headed off the beach and into Bundaberg town. We headed to the main high street, had a walk up and down, it is quite a backpacker town as lots of seasonal work here so not much to shout about. We had some lunch in town and after headed out to a shopping centre as Rowena wanted some new sports gear for the yoga classes we have signed up to in the new year.

Shopping completed and only a few items purchased - including a Lindt chocolate bear for myself (I couldn’t resist at $2) we headed back to the house. We spent a few hours, relaxing, reading and playing cards and before we knew it, it was 5pm and we had to get ready to go out. The shower consisted of being hosed down in the garden, with a quick pause in between for the use of some soap. As the air temperature is so warm, it was quite pleasant, and rather funny - not at all like the experiences of having a hose sprayed over you in the UK.

At 6pm we headed back to Bundaberg as we went for dinner at a Thai restaurant with Matt’s friends – Matt and Kell. Matt and Kell are lovely people, we all enjoyed a pleasant evening chatting and eating some yummy food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb