Counting down to Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 4th 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The planning for this trip really started in earnest while we in Western Australia and the Northern territory late last year.

Our crossing by ferry from Melbourne to Devonport and back were typical of our diluted Scottish heritage; chosen at the lowest rates. The plan is to cross south on the evening of Feb 18th and return north at the end of March.

Marg has done a fantastic job of sussing out economical camping grounds (read that as free) as well as strategic places to stop such as Cradle Mountain. Additionally, Marg has compiled a mighty list of things to see and do. Tassie may be small compared with the other Australian States, but seems to have a lot going for it.

I've had the easy bit - paying the bills, servicing the vehicle (new tyres, truck service, motorhome service, wheel alignment etc.) and a few bits and bobs of online shopping. Every time we get a camping magazine, there are so many must have things to make camping more fun, easier, tastier, cheaper etc.) So far we have resisted but the ultrasonic gas tank level detector nearly exceeded my resistance level!

Today we started unloading the motor home. Yes, you read that right. We found a few things that will not be required this trip, so, home they go. Otherwise packing is close to completed except last minute food.

Watch out for our blogs after our first stop, Newcastle. We hope to see one of our grandsons play junior rep cricket. (this is also the wet season as we discovered in this same area in Feb 2013.) After that we will head inland to Dubbo before continuing to Melbourne.

Advertisement



4th February 2014

Tassie side
Let us know if you plan on spending any time around Hobart, we could catch up for a drink :)
12th February 2014

Tassie Touring
Arrive in Tassie on 19th Feb and depart March 31. In between, our movements will be somewhat un-planned, but guided by weather and accommodation requirements. Our mobile phone is 0497 182 447. We can SMS you when we are headed to your corner. Rob
4th February 2014

At it again!
We wish you well with smooth Bass straight crossings. Have fun and hope the weather is kind to you too. We will stay put and grow old gracefully without too many wrinkles. Luv ya. Us2&136
5th February 2014

Have Fun
Looking forward to hearing about your travels have fun and really enjoy yourselves. Maybe at the end of this trip we will get to see you before you take off on the next. Enjoy!!! Brian and Maureen
8th February 2014

Cruising again?
Do hope that all is going well. Apart from the Melbourne forecasts all seems to be pretty good this time. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb