Brisbane again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 8th 2012
Published: November 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived back in Brisbane ready to check into Bunk the hostel where Sienna worked, we got a slight discount on rooms however we were in seperate rooms, this was a bit shit as I was in with 3 Italians that rarely spoke in english and pat was in with 3 girls but never saw them as they were out at work. This hostel was more of an in between hostel with people inbetween jobs or actually working in Brisbane but living in the hostel, it made it hard to meet people, but we still had fun drinking tower's of snake bites, an awful comedy show, and we did met a few characters one that stands up is this Italian bloke called Marco who just sat to us started chatting, drinking, and then came up to me (Dani) and said you boys smoke? Come to the Car park later, so we headed there for a smoke to find on the 4th level 8 Italian boys and girls playing card games and shot chess all sat on milk crates upside down.
We were limited to what we could do at night due to the trips we wanted to do in the day, the first one being a trip to Lone Pine, a Koala sanctuary this was pretty cool all the Koala's were well stoned jamming in their trees, they was also snakes, birds, dingo's, lizards, Kangaroo's, womabts and my personal favourite a Platypus. The trip didn't take that long but it was cool to see the animals, we then planned to go to teh famous Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's).
So the next day bright and early we headed to the Australia Zoo, it was similar to the sactuary the day before apart from the fact it had a wide selection of repitels, especially crocs as Irwin was known as teh crocodile hunter, they put on a show with massive birds of prey and cros coming out for feeding, it was alright but seemed to be aimed at people a lot younger than us. We also managed to catch a glimpse of a cheetah, rhino and giraffe's. Over the three days we also explored Brisbane, it's quite a nice city and definitely on the up, building a lot of high rise expensive apartments and pent house apartments.
That was our time in Brisbane, due to the fact we got there late on our first night meant we only really had two days there, but Brisbane should definitely be on anyone's itinerary if they travel the east coast.
The next morning we were up again early for our flight to Melbourne where we were going to see Alex Smith for the first time in 10 months and see the two lads we met in Phi Phi and Koh Phangan, Joe & Luke from Maidstone working in there 2nd year visa......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb