Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 10th 2012
Published: November 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Melbourne, not without a bit drama though, Sienna had told us that we only had to be at the aiport 30 mins before it left as it was a domestic flight so we were swanning around Brisbane prior to our flight taking our time with eating etc. Only to end up in a rush, we arrived at the airport 25 mins before our flight was due to leave, the luggage drop was shut so we had to stuff our bags into the railings they provided to see if it would fit and arfter both of us wrestling with it they let us proceed to the gate which was a good 15mins away......we then heard our names being called out (obviously they couldn't pronounce my surname), anyway we made it on the flight in a deep sweat.
When we got to Melbourne we were shocked at the weather, we had just come from 32 degrees heat to 18 degrees, still better than England but a shock for us, we settled in at our hostel and headed to the shops, this was so dangerous as the fashion in Melbourne is so good, all the types of clothes we got at home, snapbacks, funky shirts etc. Later that day we met up with the boys from Thailand that were in their 2nd working visa year in Melbourne, they came to our hostel for a few drinks, a catch up and some pool, the weather again was crap this evening and because we were so tired and Melbourne is so expensive we just stayed in the hostel bar that night.
We got up Friday morning and headed out to do some food shopping mainly because eating in Melbourne drains your money ridiculously quick, Aldi was our choice of supermarket where we got loads of food and of course 4 litres of GOON! The rest of the day we spent looking round Melbourne and deciding if there was any tours we wanted to do, we bumped into one of the french guys, Loic, who was on our boat in the Whitsundays and arranged to meet him and his cousin (Rafael) later that night was some drinks. When we returned to our room we had a new room-mate, Ivan (German), he said he was up for going out too so we had a group for the evening, us three went to some clubs/bars that the english boys had recommended however we didn't realise that the bouncers were just as strict as central London, in terms of three lads walking into a club without any girls, so we went to a couple of other bars before deciding to go to McDonalds and call it a night as the french guys didn't get in contact. As soon as we all ordered our food teh phone rang and the french guys were on their way to meet us, they took us to a place called Loop which had two sliding doors as was no bigger than a living room playing deep house all night, this was sick and some shapes were being thrown around. The club started to empty as it was only small anyway, at this point the french guys two italian friends turned up, Ivan had gone home, and we continued to party until one of the italians said they knew a club open till 7am.......no questions asked we were in. The club was cool, music not that great but the company we had was perfect, all cracking jokes about the english, french, italian, taking it in turns to do the accents, when we wer ein the 'smoking room' we looked up to see the sky....it was VERY light at this point, and we were VERY drunk (drinking pints of piss, that was the brand of beer) we called it a night and jumped in a cab home at 6:30 am, feeling very grim to say the least.
When we finally got up on saturday we decided to head to Chapel street, known as the trendy place to be, plus we needed to pick up more warm clothes and we had heard there was a Topman there, we hopped on the tram there and upon arriving I can tell you it was trendy like London it was more Trendy for those who had money, loads of ladies and blokes sat outside of these expensive cafes drinking champagne with their nice cars in plain view. We got to Topman only to realise it was not as cheap as we thought it would be, in fact it was more expensive than home, which limited us to shopping in the sale section, although we found a few bits of clothing it was not what we were after and the price was actually a rip off! That night the french guys rang us up to go out but we were shattered and managed to get in some smoke for a chilled one at the hostel, this was a good idea especially with Circo-Loco the next day, we wanted to be on top form and have more money to spend there as we guessed it would be pricey.
The day of Circo had arrived and with it came the sun, we had great weather, Pat wanted to go to the Victoria Market in aid of fidning some jeans and socks, this was a success after walking around a fair bit with the stalls resembling one and other, only the price being the main difference. By this time we had to rush back to the hostel and get ready, I forgot to mention that Circo started at 3, although we were aiming to get there for 5 we still had to get ready and have a pre-drink with the english lads, Joe & Luke in our room before getting on one. Following the arrival of the boys Alex Smith sent us a few messages and we arranged to meet her and her brother in the club, Brown Alley, it sounded grimey, we loved it. The club had three rooms, main room downstairs, middle floor and a roof terrace which was rammed when we got there, also the drinks were expensive but we came prepared, it was $9.50 a bottle of beer or cider drink the most expensive we had encoutered so far other drinks were even more! We met up with Alex although its not really a great environment to have a catch up we managed to and then raved the night away where we acquired a bit of a tag-a-long a girl from essex who had lost her friends so we entertained her for a bit......as Jamie Jones came on the place got rammed, but you could tell not everyone their knew who he was just by the way they were dancing to the music and being a bit pushy, within the first five minutes of his set you could tell he was mashed up, messing up a mix, he held it together, I can't say we did the same, but it was a great day/early evening rave, we returned back to our hostel with everyone had a couple more snakebites and a couple of smokes with the english lads, alex, her bro and the random girl, before saying our goodbye's which were actually quite emotional between us two and the two english lads, and hopefully we will see them again. We got into bed about 2am as we had to check out at 10 am, and get everything ready for our flight back up to Brisbane where we would be jumping on a bus down to Surfers Paradise for three days.........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb