Brisbane, Surfer's Paradise, and Australia Zoo....Crikey!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 24th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Limo!Limo!Limo!

Sam, Rob, Tom and Me
Tom, Rob, Sam and I arrived in Brisbane on the 19th, and I think all of us had pretty much decided that we didn’t really want to be there after only an hour or so. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice city, probably quite a lot to do there, but it looked the same as any other city we had been to, we wanted to find some decent beaches, go for a surf, and see something new, so the next morning we headed off to Surfer’s Paradise on the Gold Coast.

The first thing we did there was to go straight to the ‘wet n wild’ water park, which was great fun, as it’s winter over here the place was pretty empty (even though it was still high twenties, and definitely hot enough to get burnt!) which was fantastic for us, and the best bit was when me and Tom won both of the races against Rob and Sam down one of the slides. That evening we all went on a club crawl which had been arranged between loads of the hostels in the area, this was a good laugh, and was dirt cheap as well - about £10 for entry to 4 clubs, about 5 free drinks, free flashing mug, and a coach trip there! We even hired a limo on the way back (not quite the budget/backpacker way to do things), but we couldn’t be arsed to wait an hour and a half for a taxi.

We all needed a day just to chill out after, so we just spent the day down at the beach, again it was pretty empty, but was one of the best beaches we’ve been to, had some absolutely huge waves which were perfect for body boarding, and the water seemed really warm as well. We were all pretty knackered that evening so opted against going out for big night again, so just went few a drink at the harbour, where they had a couple of bands playing, so again that was good fun.

After a couple of days at Surfer’s we had to head back to Brisbane, this was when Rob left us, as he had to get a flight back to London later that day which was a shame, I think we all had a really great time when he was out here. Tom, Sam and I decided
DerekDerekDerek

Derek the Koala at Australia Zoo
to take the train up to Beerwah, to visit Australia Zoo, home of the crocodile hunter, a.k.a. Steve Irwin! Unfortunately he wasn’t there doing a show the same time that we were there, but we still had fun, the highlights definitely being the crocodile feeding show, and the tiger show, and also Derek the koala!

Well that’s about it for Brisbane, next stop Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef….can’t wait!






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

KangarooKangaroo
Kangaroo

This Kangaroo seemed very interested in my camera!
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

Brisbane in the evening


30th May 2006

It approaches!
So while you beach bums chill out down under, the rain continues to pour down here with a bit of sun in between. Is there much hype about the World Cup down there? Here, it's everywhere of course, with nobody quite knowing if Rooney will go or not. Slight scare for Owen again over the weekend, but looks like he's OK. Tonight the friendly against Hungary with the preferred starting line up which is, I think, Robinson, Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, A Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Crouch, Owen. We shall see! Keep on enjoying and see you soon.
1st June 2006

and er............Owen Hargreaves
So, it was 3-1, but not very convincing. Why does he play Owen Hargreaves? Answers on a postcard to .................... And by the way - Dowie's got the job at Charlton!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb