Brisbane : the capital city of Queensland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 6th 2011
Published: February 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Good Day Mates
This blog is being written on Sunday early evening. After a wonderful and very hot day we are about to have a BBQ here at our Brisbane YHA. YHA is a chain of hostels : so very cheap prices. Our room here is simple, yet comfortable. And this YHA even has a roof top swimming pool. And man oh man : how great it was to be able to have a swim.
After a great glass of white wine last night we went to bed around midnight. Already aroun 7:30 I was awake. Kevin woke up a bit later. But around 8h30 we were "en route" to discover Brisbane.
Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland. If you check it out on a map you actually don't understand why Queensland is having a different timezone than New South Wales ( where Sydney is) and Victoria (where Melbourne is). Some years ago the people of Queensland agreed not to follow the daylight savings time and so there is an hour's difference here in Queensland. Funnly Queenlanders.
Anyway, as you might know Brisbane was hit by severe flooding in the middle of January. I must say that you notice little of the damages caused by the flooding. ANd Thank God for that. Brisbane's downtown is rather compact and so with 1 day you have really seen all the highlights. So that is what we did. What we also did was sweating ! It was such a hot day today. Easily way over 30 degrees.
The swim in the hostel's pool was so relaxing. It is time to upload some pictures now to this blog and to my Facebook ( if you don't have FB and you would like to send me the URL of the picture, let me know). And than it is time for a BBQ ! Can it get anymore Australian?
Joeri

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb