Driving is the devil


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 7th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne Jail death masksMelbourne Jail death masksMelbourne Jail death masks

Toured the Mlebourne jail....totally creppy. When people were executed they poured plaster over their faces to make a "death mask". Some of then still had eyelashes and facial hair...totally sick!
Well after an 18 hour drive we are back near sun, sand and surf. We hung out in adalaide and went to some awesome wineries, forgot where we were for a few days 😉 and decided not to go to cober pedy (inland desert area with underground hostels) because Spanky was giving us sass...so we decided to move to the East Coast...Brisbane to be more specific....we have only been here a day but our hostel is amazing. They are out of rooms so we only have to pay 10 dollars to sleep in the TV room...not sure how much sleeping will be done...Muaaaaaa....

All in all having a great time...really the status of that hasent changed that much. We have seen amazing things, met amazing people....saw wineries, went bull riding, we even did a penguin tour and saw the worlds smallest penguins along with seals, and I even saw my first manta ray skimming the surface of the water!

We decided to get serious about surfing and scuba diving. I think from now untill we leave we are going to be pretty busy. We are going to get our scuba certificate in a week or so and I am
Mount Gambier Blue LakeMount Gambier Blue LakeMount Gambier Blue Lake

Hmmmmm wonder how it got its name. This is actually its true color. Not Photoshop used for this one. It only glows blue in the summer months...mysterious....
soooo looking forward to that! Then we are going to Fraser Island where its ALL SAND DUNES and they give you a 4x4 for a few days and you just rip around on the sand dunes.. AMAZING! Then we have decided that since we didnt do cober pedy we are going to Fiji for a few days or so....Lot to do and we are running out of time. This country is amazing!!!!!!!

well enjoy the pictures....Ill update soon! Miss you all!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Cute little KoalaCute little Koala
Cute little Koala

The little cutie above our car at the Brownhill Creek Carivan Park. This is where we stayed in Adalaide....
New haircutNew haircut
New haircut

Soo.....what does everyone think?! Haa haaaaaa
Crazy BlokesCrazy Blokes
Crazy Blokes

Some crazies we went bull riding (mechanical) with in Adalaide. Tenneal stayed on the bull for 31 seconds and she has huge bruises to proove it! :) The guy on the left got attacked by a shark...
Shark AttackShark Attack
Shark Attack

Our bull riding mate that got attacked by a shark....sick....
Outside of Mt GambierOutside of Mt Gambier
Outside of Mt Gambier

Swimming hole in the middle of a farmers field. Big limestone crater from a volcano. It is 200 meters deep and there were scuba divers in the water. Tenneals favorite swimming hole.
Surfs Up!Surfs Up!
Surfs Up!

One day I will be pro...
Biking to wineriesBiking to wineries
Biking to wineries

Outside Adalaide you will find Barossa Valley home to 60+ wineries. We decided to hit all the wineries in our region and what better way to do that then to bike...with helmets of course..its safer that way. We were done after 5....amazing wine...Thought of you Valerie!!!!
Tenneal the spyTenneal the spy
Tenneal the spy

after more then a few wine samples...
Sampling the goodsSampling the goods
Sampling the goods

yum yum grapey goodness...
Red Devil DesertRed Devil Desert
Red Devil Desert

On the 18 hour drive to the east coast


8th March 2006

amazing blog and photos!
hey there Avril. looks like you're having a great time. it's about time someone told me about your blog!!!! live life to the fullest!!!
10th March 2006

Muli Bwanje
Hey Avril. I'm glad you're having a super time. Stay away from the sharks though, huh. I enjoyed reading your blog. Wish I could be over there getting a fine tan. It looks like you're having some great adventures. There's nothing like being young and free. As for me, I've met someone over here who's going to cook me up some Malawian Nsima...mmmmm. Take care.
12th March 2006

Mmmmm wine.... Looking at your pics of sunny Australia and then looking out the window at the skiff of snow that arrived this morning. I'm thinking happy thoughts though, thoughts of sitting on my deck in the summer and drinking a nice cold beer! I love this blog and hearing about the adventures of A-dog and Miss T. Keep us updated
15th March 2006

hey
Hi ladies who goes it? nice pics makes us all jelious

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb