When is a Carol Service not a Carol Service?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 13th 2008
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday 13th December we discovered the answer to this challenging brain-teaser when we attended the Police Commissioner's Carol Srevice at Suncorp Piazza on Brisbane's South Bank.

Two main clues should have alerted us to what we were about to experience (but none of us is a Detective, so we should perhaps be forgiven) - first, it was free to attend and second, the programme. I have included a copy of the graphic delights of the programme to give you some indication of our naiivity.

So desperate were we for some Christmas cheer less than two weeks away from ourfirst Aussie Christmas without rain, sleet or fog, we sweated our way through two and a half hours of 'singing' policemen, a boy scout choir, some substitute Rolf Harris relic from the joys of 1970's light entertainment and Santa Claus arriving in a Ute (Aussie for a flat-bed pick-up truck).

The host from Triple M radio was unintelligibly bad and the rendition of 'The Aussie 12 Days of Christmas' washed down with a finale and encore of 'Six White Boomers' (apparently a 'boomer' is a kangaroo) was enough to drive us crazy. I won't even begin to try and
It all looked quite promising.It all looked quite promising.It all looked quite promising.

All seemed well at first, then....
describe the version of 'X-M-A-S' to the tune of YMCA, I will just ask you to let your imaginations wander................(that's what I had to do and I was there).

Anne was so glad she invited a friend from work to join us whilst Alex and Dominic were delighted they stayed at home to play on the Wii.

Everyone we saw we taking the Wii all night too - it was awful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

X.M.A.S!X.M.A.S!
X.M.A.S!

They really enjoyed singing this one! What better than a chorus of police officers!!
Ho! Ho! Ho!Ho! Ho! Ho!
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa arriving on his ute! (of course!)


Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb