The Graduate - Certificate 18


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 21st 2008
Published: December 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Reservoir DogsReservoir DogsReservoir Dogs

All boys together
After what seems no time at all, Seb has graduated from Balmoral State High School, completing Year 12 six days after his 18th birthday.

We had a monumental struggle in June to get him accepted into the final year of school, but common sense prevailed and after some pretty hard work and a few 'challenges' along the way, Seb made it and is predicted a very good grade (called an 'OP' here) of around a 9. Levels go from 1 - 25 and these equate to A level grades in the UK and are the benchmark for Tertiary education.

The year ended with a formal ceremony at the school with all the young people dressed to kill ( and some of them should have been if you had seen the clothes - especially the young women!).

The cermony commenced 45 minutes late - a bit like a Stevie Wonder concert really but without the good music and a few less people.

After the speeches and presentations we went out for a celebration dinner in Bulimba where we had a fantastic curry.

There was a big party afterwards and a late, late night.

Next up -
PulledPulledPulled

Was it the white shoes or the white tie that did it?
the road trip to and from Melbourne with his best mate Alex Robinson who arrives from the UK via Hong Kong in less than a week.

Well done Seb!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Principally CertifiedPrincipally Certified
Principally Certified

Seb gets kicked out of Year 12
Celebration Time C'monCelebration Time C'mon
Celebration Time C'mon

At the 'Ceylon Inn' Bulimba for a celebration dinner


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb