Final leg of 3 month journey to Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 25th 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nov 15
Went into Robina to visit my brothers daughter-in-law and her two boys. Had a great, great visit with them. Gave the boys T-Shirts from the Pass and the Canadian flag we have been displaying all across Australia.
Went out to a Thai restaurant for dinner. Really a wonderful time with family that hasn’t had much contact with our family. That will certainly change as I intend to keep in touch.

Nov 16
Burleigh Heads to Caloundra
Nice, easy drive. We have a fondness for Caloundra from our first visit in 1996. Bulcock beach, specifically with its nice current that allowed us to float with the tide, run back and float again. Unfortunately we didn’t go on Sunday, which was a beautiful day until dinner time. Then the first of the big storms hit. We just got the tail of it, but lots of rain and wind.

Nov 17
Caloundra to Woody Point
Visited Bulcock Beach and it was disappointing, to say the least. Cloudy, rainy, windy day. And at high tide the scenery wasn’t the same. Bummer.
Up to our friends place in Woody Point for a great reunion and to meet the new guy.
Lovely area and a nice house.

Nov 18 to 22
Mostly not much to report. Just visiting.
Except we did get to Australia Zoo. Should be a must on every tourists agenda. And Australians too. A zoo, is a zoo, is a zoo, but Australia Zoo is different from any I have seen. Very, very clean. Lots of grass, lots of trees. The animals appear to be well looked after. And the employees very helpful. Did the usual picture with the Koala, saw the crocoseum show, the tiger show. Really enjoyed all of it. Animals, birds, reptiles. GREAT.

Nov 22
Took the Calypso Campervan back. 19,417.7km. No issues at all with the van. It has been a good home for the past 3 months.
We have outlined our journey on an Australian map. And even I am surprised at the territory we have covered.

Brisbane to Sydney to Honolulu to Vancouver on Nov 24. Hotel stopover then on to Edmonton on Nov 25. Linda can then get her daughter/granddaughter fix for a few days. Then back home to the Crowsnest Pass. Into WINTER.

Nov 25
We have arrived. We are currently in Vancouver airport waiting for our WestJet flight to Stony Plain. Not quite home, but we will be getting re-acquainted with family.
Hopefully we will write a summary in the next few days. Whenever the Jet-Lag leaves us.
REALLY ENJOYED OUR TRIP TO OZ



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



26th November 2008

Thanks for a great time!
Gary and Linda - thanks so much for taking us on tour with you! You guys should have your own show - you do such a great job presenting OZ in such a great light. And hey, any couple who can run three months in a campervan... you may have found your niche! Were you able to assist OT in defecting to Canada? Does he have family here as well? Can't wait to meet him! Welcome home.
2nd December 2008

trip
That was so awesome you two, it was like being there, and I learned a lot about OZ. Thanks for including me.
12th December 2008

McKee Family
Hey there McKee family. If you are still checking things out, please send an email or reply to this comment. We are back home and expecting -25 degrees tomorrow. So how hot is it where you are?
15th December 2008

Apology
I must apologize to the McKee family. I gave them a call on Skype today not realizing that it was still very early in the morning. So sorry folks, it won't happen again. I will call from time to time though. Wouldn't mind a call back. ThePass

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb