Saturday May 31st-Day 99


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 31st 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today the rain continued again. It is forcasted for about the next week! I slept in again catching up on sleep. When I woke up Mike and I planned on making pancakes because he had found syrup on the free food shelf and we saw that pancake mix was the cheaper of the two requirements. Because of the rain it delayed us going downtown to pick up the mix. We ended up not making them until past 12 O'Clock. I was starving and went through a pound of pancakes on my own. The pancake mix was surprisingly very good for $1.99. Unfortunatly the "Golden Syrup" ended up being more like molasses then the table syrup I was expecting. It was absolutly distgusting and after trying it once I never did end up using it.

After the pancake "lunner" I started looking at the trip more and Mike got involved on his own. We got a bit more done and planned on going down to the backpacker travel store. Unfortunatly when we arrived at the store it was 15 minutes until closing and was too late to set up packages. We ended up sticking around the travel store anyways just looking at brochures and such. At night we decided there was not much to do and that we would go to a movie. We had received a phone call during the day from AWX that we could get work early on Sunday so we decided to go to the earliest movie possible. We decided to go to the 6:30 "Leatherheads" movie starring george Clooney and Renée Zellweger. The movie was alright. Set in the 1930's it was about the rise of professional football in the U.S. The movie was a good waste of time but I would not consider it a great movie by any means. On the way back from the movie we were walking through the South Banksuburb and found a bunch of small people all dressed in green track suits. Turns out that the Iraqi national soccer team was staying in the suburb before tomorrows world cup qualifier intown.

After returning to the hostel I made breakfast and a snack for tomorrows work and went to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb