Friday May 30th-Day 98 (Story of the Year/ The Audition Concert)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
May 30th 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26632&l=cdfee&id=503645207
Today I slept in as long as I could. After 11 hours of sleeping I was feeling a little caught up on sleep. Not completly there but getting there. The rain continued all day today. In the two days before today Brisbane had received more rain then it generally did in a whole month. about 200 km up the coast where we will be in about two weeks there was a fair amount of flooding. Back to today, the rain continued to fall most of the day until around 5 O'Clock. During the day I worked on planning the trip and got Mike focused for as long as I could on it. We got a fair amount done on the trip actually. I was quite surprised. After working for a fair amount of the day it was time to make a bit of food before heading out to a concert. Tonight we were going to the Story of the Year/ The Audition concert at The Tivoli in Fortitude Valley

link: http://www.thetivoli.net.au/

The doors opened at 7 O'Clock so we left around about 5:30 taking the train to Fortitude Valley and then walking another 10 minutes to the doors. We arrived an hour early and were still about 100th in line. The concert venue is quite small. From what I understand the venue used to be a theatre hall.

The doors opened ontime and we rushed to get as close to the stage as possible. We were fortunate to get a second row spot. After getting the spot we looked around the venue and realized there was a great "U" shaped balcony above. There was still some good spots available on the balcony so we raced up and grabbed a spot. We were very happy after the concert that we decided to go to the balcony. Below everyone was being pushed everywhere, there was big moshpits and it was tough to see because the stage was so high up off the ground. Up where we were we could see everywhere and everyone was relatively calm. The concert involved three bands even though on the ticket it said two. The first band was called "A Secret Death" They were absolutly terrible and the concert would have been better with out them. After they played their couple songs the second group to play was "The Audition." They are from Chicago and are a very good band. Their performance was awesome playing a array of songs from their albums current and past. The final band which was headlining was called "Story of the Year." They were from St. Louis Missouri. They have been popular for a couple years. The guitar players in this band were crazy. They climbed 15 feet up ontop of speekers and continued playing, they did backflips off the drummer platform and invited crazed fans onto stage to play with them.

The concert was awesome in the end. Where we were watching was perfect and the final two bands put on a great show. In the end an awesome night that I am happy I did not pass up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb