G'day from the Sunshine State


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 6th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Green IslandGreen IslandGreen Island

This is where Phil went for snorkelling on the reef. Lucky bugger...
Hello all,

Since I last wrote anything on this blog, a lot has happened.

We had a horrid journey from Hong Kong to Cairns. We worked out that we were awake for almost 26 hours...

Anyway, the result of this was both me and P felt really sick. Sick enough to be holding sick bags! We had to force ourselves onto the connecting plane at Sydney to get up to Cairns. (Thanks for the pep talk Mum!) We eventually got to our hostel and after checking in with the loopy Gloria's help we went straight to sleep and did not resurface until the next morning.

I was still feeling really delicate so we decided to take things steady and just have a look around Cairns. We thought it was a bit like Spain! Loads of youngsters out on the lash (p reckons i'm exaggerating) and older people with judith chalmers tans.

We booked up to go onto the reef and to the Kuranda skyrail, went for some dinner and then went back to sleep. The next morning I woke up at about 6ish with the dodgiest tum, so much so that (blub) I couldn't go to
Kuranda Scenic RailwayKuranda Scenic RailwayKuranda Scenic Railway

This is how Phil got back down to the bottom!
the reef or skyrail - P was super brave and did the whole thing on his own. He took loads of pictures, at least one of us saw it.

The next morning we left for Brisbane and picked up our Campervan! Its very bijou, but very comfy and P is coping brilliantly well with the driving. I'm very impressed! He is a bit worried about getting truckers arm tho... just the right one tanned/burnt.

We parked up at a campsite yesterday with some hobos on it... It was a bit scary, so we have moved to a really good site closer to Brisbane. Today we have been on the bus to Brisbane and had a wander round. It was okay, we have yet to get really excited about somewhere.

Tomorrow we move on to the Gold Coast - Surfers Paradise/Coolangatta etc... I'm looking forward to putting my toes in the surf and getting sand in my bikini.

Will try to keep you updated, Still no pictures I'm afraid - no where to plug the camera in again.

TC L and P.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Kuranda SkyrailKuranda Skyrail
Kuranda Skyrail

Phil got on this all on his own! Brave!
Our CamperOur Camper
Our Camper

This is our home.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb