Brisbane, Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 9th 2023
Published: November 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Tour Day 28, Cruise Day 28 – Day at Sea

Tour Day 29, Cruise Day 29 – Day at Sea

Tour Day 30, Cruise Day 30 – Cross International Dateline, Day at Sea

"The Crocodile Hunter" was standard television fare in my household during its 1996–2004 run, and Australia Zoo was definitely on my attractions list; however, it is about an hour out of Brisbane and would not be easily accessible to a “fella without a car” during my return visit. Soooo, I opted to subscribe to the “spoon-fed” shore excursion version, albeit more expensive and of shorter duration than I would have enjoyed on a free-lance visit. It’s a great facility and worthy of your time and effort.

Tour Day 31, Cruise Day 31; Brisbane, Australia – CRIKEY! It's Australia Zoo (7 hours) – Boarding the coach at the pier, you will travel approximately one hour from Brisbane to Queensland's Sunshine Coast for a visit to Australia Zoo. Once home to television's late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, it is often referred to as the ultimate zoo experience. Upon your arrival, a friendly docent will welcome you and provide a map that highlights the various animal venues and shows. Your time is your own here, so you can explore at a pace that suits you. Come face to face with majestic tigers, leaping lemurs, snakes, birds and endemic Australian animals. See a very special Aussie icon - the cuddly koala. You may want to set aside time to take in the famous Croc Show -- a star attraction of Australia Zoo which takes place in the Crocoseum. Featuring menacing and awesome creatures, this show will entertain as well as educate you in the ways of the crocodile, all in a manner that's bound to have you laughing, clapping and hollering, "Crikey!" Enjoy lunch (at your own expense) at an on-site restaurant before you return to the ship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

CRIKEY! It's Australia Zoo – Beerwah, Queensland, AustraliaCRIKEY! It's Australia Zoo – Beerwah, Queensland, Australia
CRIKEY! It's Australia Zoo – Beerwah, Queensland, Australia

Unidentified ??Feral?? Birds, I’m Not So Sure!


Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb