With Jenny and Arne to Noosa and Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Southbank
April 27th 2011
Published: May 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

After we (Arne-Travelmate) picked up Jenny, we drove straight up north, were we camped next to a little town, next to a river were it goes into the sea.
The next morning we drove to Noosa, were Jenny tried to learn surfing. We easily could have stayed there for longer, but our timetable didn´t aloud us to...
We than made our way to Frase Island. We took the shortcut, a 4WD Track. No wonder , that we got bogged. After deflating the tyres and colecting little branches to lay underneath them, we got out of that trouble, well, with a lot off noise, reving the engine to its max, to get all 4 tyres moving, to get the car out of the mud. But the problem was still there. I had to drive rverse out of the mud, that means, I now had to take the bypass. To make it more difficult, it became dark. I now had to drive the car steep up a bank, so I didnt´t let Arne and Jenny sit in the car, in case, something happens.
To get down that bank was even harder, because it was dark now, the bank was even steeper and also very soft. I send sens out of reach..When I finally managed, to get the car back on the track, they toldt me, it looked almost like, the car wouldt roll over. Well, thy couldn´t se my face in the car, when I thought the same! Holy shit!
The big black waterholes, not to see how deep they were, seem to be our next problem. We didn´t wanted to go back. But Arne jumped out of the car and walked brave into the black water. As the tourguide, I had to follow him....We found the water only kneedeep, it was als a bit uneven and muddy, but because we checked the water, before driving through, we solved the waterhole problem without getting bogged again.

We were preparred now for Fraser Island. We only got bogged ther once, but digging the sand with our hands was not to hard. Jenny was overlooking our work from in the car, it was raining :-)



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

No way to get out there...?No way to get out there...?
No way to get out there...?

Just a lttle challenge for the team:-)


Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb