Brooloo Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gympie
June 11th 2011
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Since saturday the 28.05. I´m WOOFING at Brooloo Park. Means, working for food and sleeping. Brooloo Park is a farm with eco campgrounds, so actually natural camping with simple bush toilets. My work includes feeding the animals, as there are 13horses, 3ponys, a pig, 3dogs, guiny fauls, chicken and cows and a Brahmen Bull. You can fearles walk in his paddock, he is not interestet! While the horses and some of the cows are searching for food at you.
I also do general farm maintenance, so as fencing, fixing the trailer, slashing with a tractor, collecting firewood(otherwise we don´t get a hot shower).
A couple of days ago we had to shoot an old horse. Since then it is my job, to keep the fire burning, so twice a day I´m in the bush to collect all sorts of firewood. We also cut with a chainsaw a little snake in two pieces, who was sitting in a hole tree.
Yesterday we had to burn the grass I slashed before. When we came back to our place, we could see heavy smoke coming up from there. Probably the guy building the road there, picked accidently some glowing grass up and dropped in the the high grass. So we had our little bushfire. With controlled burnings we fought against it, so it could´t jump any further. My job was to run around with a watertank on my back, to erase little fires, when they start to wander in the wrong direction.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb