On Top of the World


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Mt Coot tha
October 9th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The view from the Mount


After a good mooch around Brissie, I took the ferry cat to Brett's Wharf to meet up with some of Justine's friends who were acting as host for the afternoon.

They decided to take me to Mount Coot Tha to get an appreciation of how big the city is. The Mount is the highest point in Brisbane so you get to appreciate the urban sprawl and my how it sprawls. Its very reminiscent to going to the Guggenheim in LA and taking in the views from there. What I didn't realise was that Brisbane had been the largest city in the world and remains larger than Sydney (although LA is now claim to the largest city in the World now).

The view was stunning and you could easily see the flights landing and taking off at Brisbane International Airport. However, what struck me after walking around and now looking from afar was that there wasn't a heart of Brisbane and this was quickly confirmed by my hosts - the CBD empties at 5pm and it becomes a ghost town.

It was nearing dinner time and so a quick drive to a fantastic steak house for one of Aussie's best steaks and one of the cheapest meals out I have had so far!

And so to bed... ready to head to Melbourne for my final leg of the trip - bags again packed and ready to head off for tomorrow mornings 3 hour flight to Melbourne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb