Noosa to Brisvegas...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
April 30th 2006
Published: May 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Steve and SkippySteve and SkippySteve and Skippy

Altogether now...Skippeee, Skippeee. Or Skipinder, if youre Indian.
Helloo everyone...

this week we have mostly been in Noosa and Brisbane (or Brisvegas as the locals call it. No idea why it is nothing like Vegas ever. At all.)

Noosa is quite small and posh, by the sea and good surfing beaches. Cue Rozi and Steve to try their hands at some Surfing lessons! It was good fun, but really hard work - fighting you way through the waves to get to a spot where you can put your board in the water and try and catch a wave. Then you have to clamber on your board, paddle, push yourself up and try and stand up. It looks easier than it is believe me!!! Still - we both managed to stand up at least, even if it was only for a couple of seconds until you got a mouthful of beach!!! Steven got the hang of it quicker than Rozi who just spent the whole time falling off - but it was a good laugh, and we might try it again sometime!

As an antidote to the aching limbs caused by attempting to surf, we decided to go to the zoo for the day! We took a
Crikey! Look at the size of that Croc!Crikey! Look at the size of that Croc!Crikey! Look at the size of that Croc!

And its gor Rozi...nooooo!
trip the the famous Australia Zoo, run by the loony that is Steve Irwin. Unfortunatley the Crocmeister was not there when we went, but to make up for it there were plenty of other insane Aussie staff intent on trying to feed themselves to the Crocs, Tigers, Cheetahs or wotever other dangerous animals they could find!!! It was a good day out and we had great fun watching the shows at the Crocoseum and Tiger Temple!!!

After Noosa, we travelled south again to Brisbane, capital of Queensland, and the first proper city we have seen since we've been here. Yay! This meant proper shopping in shopping malls and department stores ( which Rozi has missed, obviously!) It also meant cultural stuff like like museums and botanic gardens, which were all very good and interesting.

It also meant a random meeting with Russell Crowe and his band who were playing at a random lil Seafood and Wime festival in Brisbane. They werent bad actually!

But we really felt that we hadnt had enuff animals, and so decided to go to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, where we did the cheesy, take a picture with a koala thing, fed
Steve and Steve!Steve and Steve!Steve and Steve!

Best Mates!
kangaroos, watched birds of prey displays, sheepdogs herding sheep and had lorrikeets flying at our heads!!! It was lots of fun being able to get really close to all the animals and it was pretty empty so we got them all to ourselves.

Thats about all for this week... as for where we'll end up next - watch this space!

loads of love,

Rozi and Steve
xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Crocs Rule!!!Crocs Rule!!!
Crocs Rule!!!

...at Australia Zoo!
Cheetahs...Cheetahs...
Cheetahs...

not much running being done here!
The Real Skippy!!!The Real Skippy!!!
The Real Skippy!!!

Its a Wallaby, and did you know that the animal that played Skippy on the tv was in fact a Wallaby!
Russell Crowe gets his groove on!Russell Crowe gets his groove on!
Russell Crowe gets his groove on!

Performing with his band at a random lil street festival in Brisbane!
Cuddle a KoalaCuddle a Koala
Cuddle a Koala

Or not - cos they really smell. And have very sharp claws!!!ow!
Get his claws out of me!!!Get his claws out of me!!!
Get his claws out of me!!!

It stinks. But they do look cute!


3rd May 2006

rozi...falling off a surfboard...now why doesn't that suprise me in the least!!! i think it's lies that steve irwin lives at the zoo, he wasn't there when i went either. rubbish!! loving the photos my dears, looks like you're having a fabulous time! missing you loads xx
5th May 2006

fraser island!
forgot to say, cant believe u went to fraser island, shud have asked u if they ever did find my sodding wallet behind the bar!!! my biggest trauma in oz!!! i hated the DINGOS!!! i think u went to the same koala sanctuary as me!! awww, i wanna be in oz, miss u loads both of yous!!!! tara xxxxx

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb