Busy Months


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Boulia
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rock Pop Mime Rock Pop Mime Rock Pop Mime

Little Aliens From SOTA
Off to Mt Isa again! This time for Rehersals for the Rock Pop Mime Competition between all the schools. Clancy and all the kids from school of the air did a great performance called 'Destination unknown'. Clancy was an alien.

We picked Donette, Kim ,Lil, and Tessa up from the airport and set off back to
Westward Ho. Quite a contrast for them in comparison to Manjimup. We had a great week with them here and then all drove to Longreach to finally visit the Stockmens Hall of fame. We were all a tad disappointed in it, especially Kris and he was expecting to see a large photo of himself displayed in the main foyer.

Sadly we said goodbye to the Edwards family in Longreach and we made the long drive back.
Next into Boulia for a week of Mini School. We camped at the Australian Hotel in town and the kids kept very busy for the entire week, so were the mums, cooking for the hungry hoards.
It was a fantastic week and the concert on the last night was excellent, especially the Mum's contribution, if I do say so myself.

Today, we have just witnessed the most awesome dust storm! It was like a huge Haulocaust cloud coming towards us. The storm lasted for about 40mins, and left us with a 2 inch layer off lovely dust on everything.
We hoped a bit of rain might come out of it, but nothing yet.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sunset at Westward Ho!Sunset at Westward Ho!
Sunset at Westward Ho!

This is what it's all about!
Stockmans Hall of FameStockmans Hall of Fame
Stockmans Hall of Fame

Out to dinner in Longreach
Dust Storm!Dust Storm!
Dust Storm!

Batten down the hatches! Dust storm headed for Westward Ho!


Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb